Monday, February 10, 2003

My friend Glenn the Instapundit [I think we should just shorten it to Glennstapundit] says: "Many of the frivolous cases (e.g., the McDonald's fat case) are really brought on grounds of ideology rather than profit." Which put me in mind of the Paula Jones harassment case against Pres. Clinton. It was funded by the far right wing, and she was placed on salary during the pendency of the case. Anybody remember seeing her driving around in that Mercedes, and hanging out with her "spokespeople?" I gotta remember to tell my clients to stop with those pseky spokespeople....

He also speaks the truth when he says that contingent fees are the best guarantees there are to ensure that a lawyer doesn't run with a poor case. If it ain't gonna pay, there's no reason to play.

No comments: